Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Day 5-PICU-chest closed


We have had lots of progress since yesterdays post.
Last night, around 1am, the nitric oxide was shut off.
And this morning, the surgeon came in and closed Sophia's chest.
They have reduced her Fentanyl and Versed, which were at very high doses to keep her sedated. And they shut off her Vecuronium (a paralytic). This should allow her to wake some and begin to move.
She is still on the ventilator. But we are progressing toward getting rid of it as well.
She is also on a small dose of a vaso-dilator called Milrinone that keeps the pulmonary vessels opened up. And a small dose of Epinephrine, which I think is somewhat like adrenaline.
Sophia has tolerated all of this quite well.
I will post as there are changes thanks for the comments. It means a lot to us to hear from you.
-Michael
Comments:
I saw her sweet blue eyes today and she is waking more and more. I offered my finger and she held on very tightly, when I talked to her she squeezed even tighter. She is looking rosy and looking around some. Great progress everyday.
 
I am so glad to read that Sophia is prgressing well. You all have been on my mind a lot this week.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking