Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

Update-Day 3 PICU


Sophia is still pretty unstable but doing better. Her main issue since surgery has been related to pulmonary hypertension. I think this is caused by a combination of the cardiac repair and the stress of being on the heart/lung bypass machine during surgery(I think I neglected to mention bypass in the last post about the surgery, sorry).

She is still completely sedated and on the ventilator. They probably will leave Sophia's chest open another day at least. There are no big changes planned for today. But, I will post if anything comes up.

As the details change quite frequently, it is impossible for me to post every change but I will try to give everyone a general idea of her condition at least once daily.
Thanks-Michael
Comments:
Our thoughts are with you guys, If you need anything at all, let us know.

Stay up.

Shane & jana.
 
Sophia's condition is very hard to accept. I know she is alright but to see her just lying there with a machine doing everything for her is really hard. I hold her hand, read to her and talk to her constantly. She is so beautiful and thanks to everyone for there powerful prayers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking