Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Weekend-Off the Ventilator


Sophia is off the ventilator and doing well.
She had a little swelling in her airway which was treated with an I.V. steroid called decadron.
She had a oxygen mask for a while, but now she has a nasal cannula.
She is pretty irritable and seems to be uncomfortable. We cannot get her to sleep because of this. She is being watched for signs of withdrawal caused from the high doses of Fentanyl and Versed she was getting prior to having the breathing tube removed. If she does exhibit signs of withdrawal they will likely treat it with a methadone/ativan taper. She had to do this with her last heart surgery.
I will post an update tomorrow.
I have put some new photos on Flickr!. Please check there for more photos from the PICU.
Please continue to send comments.
I will try to go into Sophia's current heart condition in a future post. Stay tuned.
More later-Michael
Comments:
looking forward to the coming and continuing updates about her. best wishes.
 
Dear Michael I´m writing you from CHile, I send you love and support, I hope Sophia gets better as soon as possible.
Strenght for you
with love Leandro Peña.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking