Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

CHD Families Picnic


This post is pretty late. This event actually happened last week.
It was nice to meet some of the families in my area who have or have had similar experiences to our own.
Sophia had a great time.
We signed up to be on the organ and tissue donor registry while we were there. I strongly encourage anyone who believes in this to do the same.
This issue is obviously important to us, as Sophia's right ventricle to pulmonary artery conduit from her last surgery was provided by a tissue donor.
And as far as I am concerned if my body could save someone else's life, it has been put to good use.
That's enough stumping.
We tried to play mini-golf at the picnic but it was really windy and a little bit cold. I took the photo of Sophia at the mini-golf course.
They also had one of the CHD Awareness Quilts at the event. Please check out the link if you are interested in having a panel made for your child with a CHD.
That's all I have for now. Sophia has a heart cath coming up in a couple of weeks.
Her oxygen saturations have remained in the 70s since her last surgery. I don't think this is what her doctors expected. Unfortunately her pulmonary arteries are still quite narrow. Perhaps with balloon catheterization we will see a difference.
It sure would be wonderful to see her finally pink and have enough endurance to start doing some of the physical activities (like crawling and walking) in which she has so far had no success. I know she really wants to acomplish these milestones and it is very frustrating for her to not have the strength and endurance to do so.
Comments:
That is awesome! I love CHD events, the strength of all the heart kids amazes me. We have a chapter of the Children's Heart Foudnation here in Oregon that we are involved with. They are planning the big heart family event for July right now, and I am excited to volunteer. We attended last year and it was great. I hope the upcoming heart cath goes well, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
 
Sophia is in my prayers. We have a conference at our hospital every year for CHD families. It is such a wonderful time. The kids get to do really neat activities while the parents get to meet and learn more about living with CHDs. It such a great weekend. They call the children "Bravehearts", I love that:). So fitting!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking