Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

AHA Heart Walk 2006 Kansas City, Missouri


We just got home after completing the 2.5 mile American Heart Association Heart Walk here in Kansas City. The weather was nice and many people came out to support the cause. I walked with Sophia on my back in a carrier. Patty, my mother, and many of our friends walked in honor of Sophia.
I thank everyone that supported us and this event. I think Sophia's team alone raised over $1800. Patty and I raised $500.
The larger CHD Families group we walked with raised around $10,000. At last check the walk as a whole had raised about $800,000. But I am sure all those numbers are much higher with donations collected at the walk today.
Overall, it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning. And hopefully it will help further heart research and treatment in some substantial way.
Thanks again for everyone's support.
Comments:
Yay! Congratulations guys!
2 1/2 miles with her on your back? Wow. I'm taking the stroller! I'm a wuss.

I'm so looking forward to the Walk here in September. I hope you guys had some fun while you were out there!
 
What a great turn out and a really big hand for the survivors that walked for 2 1/2 miles.
It wasn't that hot and people were having a fun time.
So glad I walked, Sophia is so important to us and research will continue thanks to the donations from family and friends
 
Glad you had a good day. How great that you were able to raise so much money! Great picture:)
 
It's great that so much $$ was raised!! This is a great pic of you guys :)
 
Wahoo! That is so awesome you guys! Love the pic, Jacob was sporting the same little red hat. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking