Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

What's Up Doc?

For some reason, I think it had something to do with privacy concerns, I have been less than specific in my discussion of Sophia's doctors. In other words, I have avoided using any names to this point in writing the blog.
I realized during this last surgery this was not well thought out.
First, the doctors whose care Sophia has depended on, to even be alive in some cases, deserve credit for all they have done.
Second, I started this blog as a way to help the parent's of children newly diagnosed with a CHD. If by posting the doctor's names I help someone find a doctor for their child, I would be serving this purpose.
Third, Sophia has really excellent doctors and I really would like to thank each of them for all they have done to help her get to where she is today.
I have posted her doctor's names in the sidebar, right under the heart kids. Each is linked to what information I found available online. I know some of her doctors occasionally read this blog. If you have online information you would prefer I link instead just email me at the link below my profile.
A big thank you to Drs. O'Laughlin, O'Brien, Moylan, and Hoffman. Your care means so much to us.
Comments:
Thanks for adding the dr info. I think that is great. We also go to Pediatric Associates!! We see Dr. Kasper but he now only sees patients in Lee's Summit. He is worth the drive though. He's an excellent case manager! Originally, Dr. Hoffman pulled some strings and was our primary care. When insurance said no more, the ONLY ped he recommended was Dr. Kasper. Enough said!!!

Valerie
 
I've debated whether or not we should be naming names, too. You've made some really valid points, and I think I'll update Sammy's site with his doctors as well.
 
She has got to be the cutest kid I have ever seen! I wish you luck in keeping up with your little spitfire. She will soon be dancing circles around you (much to everyone's delight)
http://adoptingahren.blogspot.com/
 
I have had the opportunity to meet Dr O'laughlin and Dr Moylan they both take a very personal interest in Sophia.
They see her as a very sweet little girl that they would like to see well.
Without them she would not have progressed to the point she is today.
A big hurrah for their talents and patience and education.
I praise them too for the way they relate to Michael and Patty and help them understand each surgery and cath.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking