Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Sesame Street-Bip Bipadotta

Sophia loves Sesame Street. We were watching old Sesame Street clips on YouTube and I was reminded off one of my favorite muppets. His name was "Bip Bipadotta". He was a sort of beatnik character with wild red hair.
I loved Jim Henson for pushing against so many boundaries on television in a way that wasn't about being shocking or offensive. I have posted all the "Bip" videos I could find on YouTube below. I hope they bring a smile to your day.


Rhyming Words.

Mahna Mahna is a classic everyone remembers from the Muppet Show. I couldn't resist. Apparently this song has an interesting history.

And finally the original Sesame Street version, likely from 1969.

Air.

Some Of Us.

Opposites. (sorry for the technical issues, its the only version I could find.)
Comments:
Great post! I loved and still do love Sesame Street!

And yes, I agree, Jim Henson was a genius! :)
 
Oh, that made me smile! Thank you for digging it up and sharing it. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking