Friday, September 15, 2006

 

New Update

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It has been difficult to make any time. I went back to work. So I have been sleeping and showering at the hospital and leaving for work from the hospital.
Sophia is doing much better. We got her antibiotics switched to per tube. So no more IVs.
She got a bath today which she loved. She has been happy and playing and sleeping and eating well.
Her respiratory status is better but still not normal. She required an extra dose of lasix yesterday to help dry out her lungs a little. They will be monitoring her in/out of water closely. If it is good and her chest x-ray is good, we are hoping for discharge tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.
Sophia has been participating in lots of hospital sponsored activities and we have some stories and photos from her stay I will share just as soon as we are home and settled in.
Comments:
Fingers and toes are crossed that she's well enough to go home tomorrow! Glad she's feeling more energetic and happy!
 
Happy to hear Sophia is feeling much better. Prayers are still with you and that she'll continue on this path and be home very soon.

Isn't modern technology incredible? I don't even know you guys, you certainly don't know me, yet through these lines of communication, I check your blog daily, to see how Sophia is doing, and am truly concerned for her and your family. I feel happy when things to great and sad when things are not so great. So thank you for allowing me and others a sneak peak into your lives. I feel blessed to be a part of this online 'heart kids' family and will continue to offer my support and prayers. Have a great day.

Sorry for the long post :(!
 
Just wanted to let you know we've been thinking about you guys here. Glad Sophia got to enjoy a bath! We're hoping and crossing our fingers that you guys get to go back home tomorrow.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website free tracking